The Just-in-Time (JIT) feature of the eRA Commons allows a Signing Official to electronically submit additional grant application information that is requested by the grantor agency. This includes information on Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval of the use of human subjects, verification of IACUC's approval of the proposed use of live vertebrate animals, etc.
NIH issues just-in-time emails for all applications that receive an overall impact score of 40 or less.
For all applications, the eRA Commons Just-in-Time link will be available for submission of JIT information within 24 hours after the impact score has been released. However, applicants should not submit any JIT information until a request is received via email from the system and/or grantor agency.
- Steps for an SO and/or PI to Upload & Save Just-in-Time Information
- Steps for an SO to Submit Just-in-Time Information
- eRA Commons Post Submission Functionality (PowerPoint)
- eRA Commons Roles & Privileges At a Glance (PDF - 25 KB)
- NIH Grants Policy Statement: Just-in-Time Procedures