Information for signing officials on how to provide Just-in-Time information that is requested by the grantor agency after review and before award.
The Just-in-Time feature of the eRA Commons allows a signing official to electronically submit additional grant application information that is requested by the grantor agency after the completion of the peer review, and prior to funding. This includes information on Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval of the use of human subjects, verification of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee’s (IACUC's) approval of the proposed use of live vertebrate animals, etc.
For all applications, the eRA Commons Just-in-Time link will appear on the Status screen within 24 hours after the impact score has been released. Additionally, NIH issues Just-in-Time emails for all applications that receive an overall impact score of 30 or less. However, applicants should not submit any Just-in-Time information until a specific request for information is received via email from the system and/or grantor agency.
Figure 1: The Status button on the eRA Commons landing page
Figure 2: Accessing Status from the apps icon drop-down menu
Basic Tasks (step-by-step instructions from the online help)*
- Steps for an SO and/or PI to Upload & Save Just-in-Time Information
- Steps for an SO to Submit Just-in-Time Information
* You must be logged into eRA Commons with appropriate role(s) to complete these activities.
Click on the thumbnail image to expand to full view.
Figure 3: Signing official’s Status Result screen showing Just-in-Time (JIT) links
Figure 4: The Just-in-Time information submission form
- Just-in-Time Resources Page
- eRA Commons Post Submission Functionality (PowerPoint) (October 2018)
- eRA Commons Roles & Privileges At a Glance (PDF - 25 KB) (August 2018)
- NIH Grants Policy Statement: Just-in-Time Procedures
- NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-12-10: NIH Notice of Requirement for Electronic Submission of Just-in-Time Information