Information on how to manage accounts, using the Account Management System (AMS) in eRA Commons.
Once a grantee organization is registered in eRA Commons:
- A signing official account and an optional administrator account are created
- The signing official at the organization can establish additional user accounts.
- Users who are assigned the following roles can create accounts:
- Signing official (SO): all accounts including other SO accounts
- Account administrator (AA): all accounts except SO, FCOI accounts, and IAR accounts
- Administrative official (AO): all accounts except SO, BO, FCOI accounts, and IAR accounts, and
- Business official (BO): all accounts except SO, BO, FCOI accounts, and IAR accounts
- A principal investigator cannot create his or her own eRA Commons account but has to rely on the signing official or other users listed above to create the account.
NOTE: Before creating a new account, ensure an account does not already exist for that individual by completing a search of all eRA Commons accounts. This is done by accessing the Accounts Management System (AMS), under the eRA Commons>Admin > Accounts > Account Management tabs. Users conducting scientific research should only have one eRA Commons account for their entire research career.
Basic Tasks (step-by-step instructions from the online help)*
After logging into eRA Commons, the signing official or other authorized users can access the Account Management System via the Admin>Accounts>Account Management sub-menu. Clicking on Account Management opens the AMS Search Account screen.
The Create Account screen can be accessed from the Search Accounts screen by clicking the Create Account button.
* You must be logged into eRA Commons with appropriate role(s) to complete these activities.
Click on thumbnail image to expand to full view.
Figure 1: Accounts Management System (AMS) Add Search Accounts screen
Figure 2: Accounts Management System (AMS) Add Roles screen
Figure 3: Accounts Management System (AMS) Search Screen showing Create New Account button