The electronic Research Administration (eRA) is planning to migrate its modules and data to the cloud April 17-20, 2020 (Fri-Mon).
As a result, during this cloud migration, from 8 a.m. ET on Friday, April 17 to 8 p.m. ET on Monday, April 20, all eRA modules (eRA Commons, ASSIST, IAR, iEdison, etc.) and all informational websites (era.nih.gov, etc.) will be unavailable.
Please note that there is no action required by users before or after the migration. When the systems are back up, the modules will function as usual.
Any affected due dates will be covered under NIH’s late application policy due to COVID-19, which allows all applications submitted late for due dates between March 9, 2020, and May 1, 2020, to be accepted through May 1, 2020.
NIH Guide Notice: NOT-OD-20-096
- eRA Update: Migration of eRA Systems to the Cloud Successfully Completed: All Modules Available (April 20, 2020)
- eRA Final Reminder: eRA Modules Will Be Unavailable Tomorrow Friday, April 17 Through Monday, April 20 During Cloud Migration (April 16, 2020)
- eRA Information: eRA Modules Will Be Unavailable April 17 to April 20 During Cloud Migration (April 13, 2020)
- eRA Reminder: eRA Moving to the Cloud; eRA Modules Will Be Unavailable April 17 to April 20 (April 7, 2020)
- Nexus article: eRA Moving to the Cloud April 17 to April 20 (April 7, 2020)
- Nexus article: Spring Forecasts eRA Cloud Migration and Downtime April 17-April 20, 2020 (Feb. 21, 2020)
- Nexus article: Spring brings Computing Clouds and eRA Downtime (Feb. 5, 2020)
- Cloud Migration: NIH eRA Items of Interest – January 2020