Revised 9/7/2018

If you are having trouble viewing any of the information contained in this help topic, it can also be found in the eRA Commons User Guide located online at Refer to the User Guide's Table of Contents for your specific topic.


Submit a Withdrawal Request

Only a Signing Official (SO) can submit a withdrawal request and only when the SO is the current reviewer of the report.

Grantees are strongly encouraged to review the Withdrawal Request prior to submission, to ensure all relevant information and attachments are provided.

To submit the Withdrawal Request to agency:

  1. Select the Modify button from the Action column of the List My Requests screen. Users are automatically directed to the Modify Request screen. (Closed toggler arrowclick to view screens)

    List and Modify Requests

  2. Once the required justification has been entered, and all supporting documents have been uploaded, select the Submit button from the bottom of the Modify Request screen.
  1. A confirmation box displays. Click Yes. Closed toggler arrowClick here to view an example.


Are you having trouble with eRA Commons?  The eRA Service Desk is there to help. Please visit their web page to submit a support ticket.

Was this information helpful? Do have any comments or suggestions about the information provided within this topic? Send your comments about the Commons Online Help to .