What is the purpose?
The Personal Profile (PPF) in eRA Commons is the central repository of information on all Commons registered users. This profile information is then integrated throughout eRA's systems and used for a variety of agency business such as peer review, application data, and trainee data.
What are the features?
The PPF has recently been redesigned from the ground up to provide a modern and intuitive interface, with clear feedback to ensure it is completed accurately and fully.
- Includes the same top navigation options as the traditional Commons look
- A left side "dashboard" provides important profile status information at a glance
- Center tiles with detailed profile status information
- Missing data or errant data is identified by red text and an "x" icon
- Data fields are defined by the roles assigned to the account. For example if the user is a reviewer, he or she no longer will they see data fields that are applicable to only trainees
- Expandable and collapsible tiles present different categories of information to the user and allows for quick navigation to specific topics
- The PPF includes a password reminder field that lets the user know on what date he or she will be required to change/update the password
- Online help is integrated with the screen. Clicking a question mark on the screen will open the online help system for that specific topic
Demonstration video available now at http://youtu.be/DqmHOhTUjzc
What are the benefits to the Grantee community?
- It is designed so that individual eRA system users can hold and maintain ownership over the accuracy of their own profile information.
- Provides a single profile per person, regardless of the various roles they may hold throughout their relationship with the agency (e.g. trainee, Principal Investigator/Program Director, etc), assuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Education information determines a user's eligibility for a new or Early Stage Investigator status as well as ascertains the eligibility of trainees and their stipend level.
- Information on employment is used to identify any reviewer conflicts.
What are the benefits to NIH or Agency Staff?
- It collects work history information that allows reviewer conflicts to be identified quickly and easily
- Easily managed contact information ensures a user can be reached, should the need arise
- Demographic information assists in the evaluation of a diverse biomedical workforce
- Data accommodates aggregate statistical reporting by the agency
Who can see Personal Profile?
- Registered eRA Commons users