Status (eRA Commons)
What is the purpose?
The Status module is a secure web interface in eRA Commons that allows Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PD/PIs) and Signing Officials (SOs) to track the status of grant applications through the submission process, view all applications as well as notice of awards and other key documents, and perform several post-submission and post-award transactions. The functions available to a user are based on the “role” associated with their eRA Commons account. In addition to the SO and PI roles, some Status functions are available through role assignment or delegation to other eRA Commons roles (see eRA Commons Roles).
The eRA system is used by multiple Federal Agencies. Please follow the specific submission policies of the Agency to which you are applying regarding their use of this module.
What are the features of the Status module?
- Custom View:
- PD/PIs can see all the grant applications for which they are the designated PI
- SOs can use various search functions to access
information for all grant applications originating
from their organization
- Track Electronic Application Submission:
- View Errors/Warnings: SOs and PD/PIs can view the status of a grant application submitted through Grants.gov and view any errors/warnings identified by the eRA system during the submission process
- View Assembled Application: SOs and PD/PIs can view an assembled application, just as a reviewer would see it, before the submission process is complete and the application moves on for further processing by federal staff
- Reject Application:
SOs can stop the submission of an application if it
is determined that some part of the application was
lost or did not transfer correctly during the submission
- Track All Paper or Electronic Applications Through Award:
- Check Review Assignments: SOs and PD/PIs can view grant number review group, Institute/Center(s) and Scientific Review Officer assignments prior to application review
- Check Review Results: PIs can view the priority score, percentile, and summary statements
- Submit Just-In-Time Information: SOs can submit additional information requested prior to a final award decision through Just-in-Time
- View Notice
of Award (NoA): SOs and
PIs can view the official grant award document notifying
the grantee of the award and indicating grant terms
- Access Grant File Documents:
- Status provides access (based on eRA Commons role) to all
official documents (e.g. application, summary statement,
NoA, submitted reports, etc.)
- Status provides access (based on eRA Commons role) to all official documents (e.g. application, summary statement, NoA, submitted reports, etc.)
- Post-award Reporting/Requests:
What are the benefits?
- Status provides PD/PIs and SOs real time information on the status of their grant applications
- Status offers one convenient location to view and process applications, post-submission functionality and post-award transactions
- Status is secure so that a PD/PI can view only the applications for which he or she is the designated PI. The SO can view selected status only for investigators in their institutions.
- Users can view names and contact information for agency staff assigned to a particular application record
Who can use the Status module?
- Signing Officials from applicant organizations
- Principal Investigators
- Each has a distinct role with appropriate access privileges and views associated with that role