IAR is accessed via eRA Commons; therefore, reviewers need an eRA Commons account. When a Scientific Review Officer invites a reviewer to a meeting, the reviewer gets emails about next steps in the process (see sample text of emails sent to reviewers).
- If the reviewer is a Principal Investigator with an account in eRA Commons, the reviewer can use that account with IAR privileges added.
- If the reviewer is new to Commons, he or she should create a new account
- If the reviewer has previously served as a reviewer, he or she can use the previously established eRA Commons account with IAR privileges.
IAR for Reviewers Online Help
- IAR User Guides (if you want to print the entire user guide)
Reviewers: A Brief Introduction to IAR (Updated June 2016) (video tutorial, 2:53 minutes)
This short video provides an overview of the Internet Assisted Review (IAR) module. It highlights how to access IAR, steps reviewers need to take before reviewing grant applications and additional resources for reviewers.
Reviewers: Received an IAR Invitation. Now What? (Updated June 2016) (video, 5:10 minutes)
This tutorial will guide reviewers on how to get started on IAR upon receiving the scientific review invitation emails from SROs.
- IAR Meeting Phases: A Description
- Change password