Scheduled Downtime for the October Release:
eRA Commons and ASSIST will be unavailable beginning at 9 p.m. ET Thursday, October 20, and will return to service by 7 a.m. ET Friday, October 21, 2016. When the system is available again, you will see new features and functionality have been added to the system.
Highlights of eRA Commons’ October Software Release
New Non-Research Tab Has Been Added to the Top Navigation
- As part of the expansion of eRA services to other federal agencies, the Non-Research tab has been added for recipients of SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) non-research grants.
- The new tab is located after eRA Partners.
- Only those of you who also receive SAMHSA non-research grants will need to access this tab to manage post award amendments.
SAM Registration Expiration Data Displayed
- The expiration date for institutions’ System for Award Management (SAM) registration will now be displayed on the Institutional Profile,
- The SAM registration needs to be renewed yearly and is required to successfully submit a federal grant application to Grants.gov.
NOTE: The ability to submit help tickets online will not be available during the downtime listed above.