IEdison and Edison Report Lite (ERL) will be offline for the Fall software release, starting on Thursday, October 15, 2015, at 9 p.m. ET.
The system is scheduled to be available again by 7 a.m., Friday, October 16, 2015.
Highlights of iEdison’s October Software Release
Check out the release notes for more information on features and fixes.
- About and Help Hyperlinks Connect to New Web Pages
A New PCT Patent Number Format and New Associated Validations Have Been Implemented
- Format Changes. The new PCT Patent Application Number format is: 2 letters (country code) + 2 or 4 digit year + 5 to 6 digits. If only 5 digits are provided at the end of the number, the system will add a leading 0.
- Validations. The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) year in the PCT Patent Application Number field should match the year in the Filing Date of PCT Patent Application field. If the years do not match, the system displays the following error message:
The PCT number supplied does not correspond with the PCT Filing Date indicated.
When the PCT year is converted to 4 digit year, the following conditions are verified:
- If the PCT filing date is 12/31/1999 or earlier, then the PCT Application Patent Number should contain a four-digit year that begins with 19.
- If the PCT Filing date is 1/1/2000 or later, then the PCT Application Patent Number should contain a four-digit year that begins with 20.
- If either of these validations fails, then the following error message is displayed:
If the PCT filing date is 12/31/1999 or earlier, the PCT Application Number should contain a four-digit year that begins with ‘19’. If the PCT Filing date is 1/1/2000 or later, the PCT Application number should contain a four-digit year that begins with ‘20’.
- If the data entered on the Patent Search screen in the PCT Application Patent Number field is not in the new format, then the system converts the data to the new format before searching for that patent.
On the Modify Patent Report Screen the Enter Key now Performs the same as the Submit Button
- Previously on the Modify Patent Report screen the <enter> key on the keyboard was not performing the same functionality as the Submit button on the Modify Invention Report screen.
Messages 260 now Cleared when the EIR Status is Changed to Not Elect Title
Previously message 260, “Provisional Date About to Expire”, was not clearing when an Extramural Invention Report’s (EIR) status was changed to Not Elect Title. Messages generated for the following statuses will be cleared:
- Record Voided
- Not Elect Title
- Previously message 260, “Provisional Date About to Expire”, was not clearing when an Extramural Invention Report’s (EIR) status was changed to Not Elect Title. Messages generated for the following statuses will be cleared:
Unaccepted Invention Disclosures (message 130) Notifications to be Generated
- Notifications missed for Rejected Invention Disclosures (message 130) will be generated as part of the upgrade process.
The iEdison Banner now Navigates to the iEdison Login Screen
- Previously when the iEdison.gov hyperlink or the banner was clicked, the system did not return to iEdison Login screen which contains the Agency links, and other helpful links.
NOTE: The ability to submit help tickets online will not be available during the downtime listed above. However, customers can always email the eRA Service Desk during that time; email@example.com (for iEdison/ERL support).