Grants Closeout is a feature of eRA Commons that allows a grantee to electronically file the information necessary to complete grant closeout requirements, including the final Federal Financial Report (FFR), the final Research Performance Progress Report (Final RPPR), and the final Invention Statement and Certification.
Note that the funding agency's Grants Management Specialist (GMS) must mark the grant "ready for closeout" for the link to appear in eRA Commons. Contact the GMS assigned to the grant if the link is not displayed.
- Determine which grants require closeout
- View grant closeout requirements under Closeout Status
Submit Federal Financial Report
- See also FFR User Guide
- Submit Final Invention Statement and Certification
- Submit Final Research Performance Progress Report (Final RPPR)
- eRA Commons Online Help
- eRA Commons User Guide (PDF – 9 MB) August 22, 2017
- Grants Award Management – Post-Award Process
- Interacting Electronically with NIH-Post-Submission (PowerPoint – 4 MB) May 2017
- eRA Commons Roles & Privileges At a Glance (PDF - 25 KB)
- Grants Closeout in eRA Commons - (Video - 6:52 Min)