What is the purpose?
The Grants Closeout Module (GCM) is used by Agency staff to close grants and to track and monitor the status of the close-out process. It interfaces with the eRA Commons where grantees can electronically complete and submit their grant close-out documents. It also interfaces with xTrain, which is part of Commons, as fellowships that are terminated in xTrain are automatically closed in GCM. Agency staff use GCM to record and process the information necessary to close out a grant.
What are the features?
GCM is designed to allow Agency staff to:
- Identify and auto open grants eligible for closeout.
- Request the receipt of the required closeout documents from grantee institutions.
- Track the receipt of the closeout documents, whether they are received through Commons or by email or fax.
- Close out the grant.
- Facilitate sending files to the Federal Records Center.
- Remove grants from the closeout module, if necessary.
What are the benefits?
The Grant Closeout Module assists in assuring compliance with the mandated closeout requirements.
Who can use GM Workbooks?
- Grants Management Specialists with the Closeout role
- Division of Central Grants Processing with Closeout Specialist role
- Grant Closeout Administrator
For more information, see Grants Closeout Online Help.