eRA Commons has partnered with the National Center for Biotechnology (NCBI) to link NCBI's personal online tool, My NCBI, to Commons. My NCBI offers an online portal—My Bibliography—for users to maintain and manage a list of all their authored works, such as journal articles, manuscripts accepted for publication, books, and book chapters, and it allows them to track and maintain compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy. Commons also pulls in manuscripts from NIH Manuscript Submission System, publications from PubMed and PubMed Central, and citations entered into the My NCBI tool.
From the Awards View in My NCBI, eRA Commons users can track their compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy, start the manuscript submission process, associate their NIH grant awards with their publications and designate delegates to manage their bibliographies. Note that Principal Investigators must manage their professional bibliographies in My NCBI using the My Bibliography feature. eRA Commons does not allow for the uploading of publications.
NOTE: eRA Commons users will log into MY NCBI by clicking the NIH Login icon on the Sign in to My NCBI page.
- Access My NCBI and register
- Sign in to My NCBI
- Link eRA Commons to My NCBI account
- Create a bibliography
- Submit manuscripts through the NIH Manuscript Submission System
- Manage compliance with NIH Public Access Policy
- NCBI Training & Tutorials
- My NCBI Help
- My NCBI FAQs
- NIH Manuscript Submission System
- PubMed Central
- NIH Public Access Website
- eRA Commons Online Help
- eRA Commons User Guide (PDF – 9 MB)
- NIH Public Access Policy
- NIH Changes to Public Access Compliance Effort Apply to All Awards with Anticipated Start Dates on or after July 1, 2013 (NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-13-042)
- NIH Upcoming Changes to Public Access Policy Reporting Requirements and Related NIH Efforts to Enhance Compliance (NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-12-160)