The Funding Opportunity Announcement Module (FOAM) is designed to help the ICs at NIH and our agency partners in developing, reviewing, approving and publishing Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs).
- The ability to establish, track, visualize, and monitor the FOA lifecycle, including critical business process events and deadline dates.
- Configurable, reusable task workflows by IC.
- The ability to Define task details including due dates, milestones, expiration dates, privileges, assignments, dependencies, and phases.
- Customizable and editable content that provides a platform for online collaboration for developing defined content that conforms to built-in agency-level FOA templates.
- Provides graphic display capability to visually display data.
- Streamlines the process of creating a FOA.
- Adds graphic display capability and other visual representations of data for FOAs, such as a display of milestones to monitor
- Improves tracking and reporting by marking critical business process events and deadline dates.
- Enables online collaboration with colleagues to develop and share data content.
- Enables parallel reviews, comments and change tracking, along with the capability to upload and save documents.
- Sends notifications to users based on events such as: FOA review/approval required; FOA reviewed/approved; milestone approaching; milestone missed.