Revised 6/19/2018

If you are having trouble viewing any of the information contained in this help topic, it can also be found in the eRA Commons User Guide located online at Refer to the User Guide's Table of Contents for your specific topic.


Requesting a No Cost Extension

Requests for No Cost Extensions (NCEs) may only be initiated by a Signing Official (SO).

A No Cost Extension may be requested in the following situations:

Users may modify these requests until they are submitted to the agency.

NCEs may not be submitted if they contain errors but they may be submitted with warnings.

NCE request may not be submitted for grants for which the closeout process has begun.


Are you having trouble with eRA Commons?  The eRA Service Desk is there to help. Please visit their web page to submit a support ticket.

Was this information helpful? Do have any comments or suggestions about the information provided within this topic? Send your comments about the Commons Online Help to .