Federal Financial Report @ NIH
- The Federal Financial Report (FFR) (formerly called the Financial Status Report or FSR) expenditure data is due 90 days after the end of a competitive segment for grants awarded under the streamlined non-competing application process (SNAP). For those grants not awarded under SNAP, annual FFR expenditure data is due 90 days after the end of the calendar quarter in which the budget period ends. For example, if the budget period ends 1/30/2011, the annual FFR is due 6/30/2011 (90 days after the end of the calendar quarter of 3/31/2011). See also the NIH Grants Policy Statement, section 22.214.171.124. Financial Reports.
- Electronic submission of FFRs via eRA Commons is required (See NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-11-017: New Federal Financial Report required from Feb. 1, 2011 for Reporting Expenditure Data via eRA Commons).
- The data submitted by the grantee is reviewed by the NIH Office of Financial Management, which approves or rejects the FFR.
- Internal users of the FFR module are those with an Office of Financial Management (OFM) or Office of Financial Management Data Entry (OFMDE) user role. The OFMDE user role gives NIH OFM specific data entry rights within the FFR system without the authority to accept or reject the FFR.
- The FFR module integrates with the NIH accounting system which links to the HHS Payment Management System, facilitating data transfer for reconciliation and monitoring. The NIH system processes all accounting transactions and produces a wide range of reports used for internal and external reporting.
NOTE: The use of the eSNAP module will soon be discontinued. Progress reports for applications subject to SNAP and for Fellowships must be submitted electronically using the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) for awards with start dates on or after July 1, 2013 (i.e., due dates on or after May 15, 2013, for SNAP awards and May 1, 2013, for Fellowships). The RPPR is a federal-wide progress report that is replacing eSNAP.
See the RPPR webpage and Guide Notice NOT-OD-13-035 for information.